Kya: Dark Lineage (also known as Kya: Fury of Brazul in some countries) is an upcoming TV animated series based on the third-person action-adventure game for the PlayStation 2, developed by Eden Gamesand published by Atari.
Though initially set in the present, Kya: Dark Lineage throws the title character (voiced by Days of Our Lives' Vivian Jovanni) and her half-brother Frank (Scott Wolf from NBC's The Night Shift) into a strange new world. Kya finds herself separated from her brother, with the burden of protecting a friendly tribe of creatures called the Nativs from the predations of the evil overlord Brazul and his minions, the Wolfen.
- Kya (voiced by Vivian Jovanni): The playable heroine of the story.
- Frank (voice by Scott Wolf): Kya's half-brother, almost immediately captured by Wolfen and imprisoned in Brazul's lair.
- Brazul: monarch and creator of the Wolfen.
- Nativs: friendly tribe that is being hunted and transformed by Brazul.
- Atea: Nativ elder and advisor to Kya.
- Aton: saves Kya and brings her into the Nativ City.
- Akasa: combat teacher
- Amada: shop owner
- Wolfen: creatures under Brazul's command.
- Scrawnies: the most common type, usually attack in numbers.
- Grunts: stronger than Scrawnies, inflict heavy damage.
- Kronos: strongest and most intelligent of the Wolfen; can teleport from place to place.
- The Hunter: commander of an island full of Wolfen.
- Stuff: flying animal that provides Kya with hints. Avenue for telepathic communication with Atea.